Text messaging – the easy, cost-effective way to connect with students, colleagues and parents. PageOne’s Janet txt service offers simple yet powerful web-based desktop services, together with direct integration with the majority of education software and VLE systems.
PageOne – an approved JISC provider since 2007.
Janet txt is a comprehensive suite of secure and reliable SMS text messaging services, provided by PageOne on behalf of Jisc. Specifically tailored to meet the requirements of the UK Higher and Further Education Community, Janet txt offers an array of feature-rich services to help schools, colleges and universities communicate more effectively using the power of SMS text messaging.
PageOne’s Janet txt services offers simple yet powerful web-based desktop service and direct integration with the majority of education software and VLE systems. When using Janet, text messages are sent using our secure messaging platform.
Why use Janet txt?
With no set-up costs and a low per-message rate the Janet txt messaging service offers the reassurance of a reliable messaging and integration solution with low controlled costs.
- New lower SMS rates
- No service/set-up charges for entry-level accounts
- Widest range of API integration with education/VLE systems and software applications
- New bulk/merge and queue management tools for largescale broadcasts
- Multi-channel messaging across SMS, email, landline, app and pager
- UK data-processing and GDPR compliance
- Information security assured with encrypted transmission, ISO27001 accreditation and Cyber Essentials certification
- BCDR resilience recognised by ISO22301 accreditation
- Environmental and sustainability commitments ISO14001 accredited.
Why SMS for Education?
Text messaging is hugely popular with students, so why not use it to keep them updated with course information, issue reminders about class attendance, assignments exams or notify them of class cancellations? You can even run marketing campaigns using Short Codes and Keywords, or incorporate a 2-way number to allow responses from your message recipients. Contact us to find out more!