Text Messaging for the Education Community
- Students in particular are familiar with SMS and messaging services (discreet/direct/responsive)
- Offers a simple, fast and convenient communication channel – a mobile phone
- Cost-effective, especially in comparison to traditional methods
- Timesaving and efficient, reducing the time taken to complete consuming and monotonous tasks.
- Messages can be sent to large groups or individuals allowing for more targeted campaigns and messages
- Encourages collaboration and community building among students, staff and parents
- Enables students to initiate contact themselves – improving the student experience
- Reduces carbon footprint and addresses the environmental agenda
Connecting with the right people
Whether you’re targeting staff, students or parents, PageOne’s Janet Txt service for universities, colleges or other higher education institutions offers an array of enhanced features to help you maximise your reach. From operational messaging to appointment reminders, SMS marketing campaigns and incident management; Janet Txt offers you the right tools to connect to the right people.
Janet Txt customers benefit exclusively from low per-message rates and no set-up fees. As well as dramatic cost savings and extensive reporting features, users can also take advantage of the resilient infrastructure, in-depth knowledge and experience of PageOne’s secure SMS system. Read more about Janet services here.
Texting tools for Higher Education strengthen the link between learning and teaching, and have proven their value in various initiatives, engaging students and improving performance. Discreet, familiar and responsive, university SMS represents a convenient and far more personal mechanism for initiating dialogue.