PageOne is pleased to announce it has been selected as an approved supplier on the new Government Network Services 3 framework (Lot 4e – Paging & Alerting). The award is testament to over three decades experience in delivering critical messaging services to the public sector. Our multi-channel alerting and messaging services underpin operational and incident response across all Government sectors including NHS, blue-light and local/central government.
We have built an unrivalled level of knowledge and experience that provides improvements in efficiency, responsiveness and performance through helping organisations:
- Our Responder two-way paging and smartphone app messaging helps Fire Authorities mobilise resources more effectively.
- Our SMS messaging services help the NHS reduce missed appointments
- Our unique Bridge onsite paging and alerting solution seamlessly integrate onsite and off-site communications
- Our Connect multi-channel broadcast messaging services provide government agencies with resilient communication in times of major incident or crisis
- Our triple-resilience alerting solution provides maximum throughout and coverage to ensure critical messages are delivered
- Our secure API gateway allows client software to automate messaging and streamline communication workflows
Being a supplier on the Crown Commercial Service (CSS) Network Service Framework Agreement RM6116 – means PageOne’s services are pre-vetted under strict value for money and fit for purpose guidelines; the end result is that public sector organisations can purchase PageOne’s products and services ‘off-the-peg’ and without the need for a lengthy tender process.
Purchasing via the Network Services framework gives organisations the confidence that our products and services can fully meet their requirements whilst achieving spending efficiencies for the tax payer.